Quote of the Day
“Leave the home of your comfort and go into the world of your intuition.”
Have you been in a continuous routine or feel like you are stuck in a rut? Are you reluctant to take risks and opportunities when they are presented to you? There is always the question of the ‘what ifs.’ What if it goes wrong and does not work out? But have you ever thought to yourself, what if it goes right and it is even better than you had imagined? Ultimately, the consequence of staying in your comfort zone is missing out on the countless possibilities’ life has to offer.
Comfort zones are like being snuggly wrapped up in your duvet like a burrito. It is the best feeling in the world but eventually you know you will have to unravel yourself, get up and take on the world. It is that same sentiment of safety and security that we grasp onto in many aspects of our lives. Especially when we are apprehensive of change and filled with fear. Even when deep down we know we should let go of these concerns, as the unknown could be filled with better than what we have now. In this scenario, ‘the unknown’ could be associated with opportunities relating to career choices, business ideas or even love prospects! How will you know the outcomes of your choices unless you try?
It is normal that you are accustomed to staying in your comfort zone – it’s in the word, you are comfortable there. Things that may be holding you back from venturing out, are your:
Breaking the Cycle
Many people spend their whole existence staying in their comfort zone and never venturing out of it. If you remain there, you need to ask yourself, are you living or just existing? It can be your greatest hindrance to not unlock your true potential, so it is essential that you break the cycle and live your life to the fullest. Otherwise, you stand the risk of your progress plateauing and living an unfulfilled life. For some people, the act of physically writing down the things that cause stress or anxiety and ridding yourself of them, can be quite cathartic, as it represents the action of letting go of these burdens. To guide you in this process, here are a few simple steps to follow…
- Get a piece of paper and write down all the things that you’re worried about
- Read your list
- Repeat to yourself, “none of these fears will become my reality”
- Rip up the paper and throw it away
I know that breaking out of comfort zones can be tricky, but you need to face your fears and push through the barriers to open new doors for opportunities. Trust in the process and challenge yourself, you will discover that there are more layers to you than you once realised. Discover a new level of self and authentically be the best version of you. To successfully achieve this, you should actively work to replace comfort with commitments to…
- Change your mindset and perspective
- Change your daily routine
- Try a new hobby
- Face your fears head on
- Be comfortable with being uncomfortable
- Set yourself some S.M.A.R.T goals (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-Bound)
- Celebrate every small achievement (make up a celebratory dance!)
- Set a major goal and commit to accomplishing it.
Onwards & Upwards
Remember 99% of the stuff that we worry about never actually happens so:
- Let go of your fears
- Let go of self-doubt
- Let go of complacency
And most importantly…
- Say goodbye to comfort zones
- Don’t just exist in this world, LIVE
- Great things don’t come from comfort zones
- If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you
- In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take
- Feel the fear and do it anyway!
P.S: You’ve got this…life is too short to live the same day twice